The GISGeo project is aiming to promote geomarketing, the spatial analysis and application of GIS in business. We solve a problem of the professional portal creation which accumulates knowledge and its further market promotion.
GISGeo arose as continuation of the Geomarketing / Spatial Analysis group in Facebook in 2015. During existence of community the set of interesting materials about geomarketing, territorial analysis and GIS in business was saved up. GISGeo files and keeps in order this knowledge, provides convenient access to them.
GISGeo offers different types of a cooperation with professional community:
• The state, commercial and public organizations can place information on the products and services offered by them in the section "Catalogue".
• There is an opportunity to make an announcement in a news line, to publish information on the available vacancies.
• We are ready to give professional advice concerning the Russian market of geomarketing researches, software, project works accomplishment.
• The GISGeo portal offers to publish the materials devoted to geomarketing to the authors of researches.
• We recommend to students, postgraduates and the beginning researchers to get acquainted with extensive Library and to take part in the projects which are carried out by us.
• We are open to a cooperation with Higher education institutions and the educational organizations. We have an experience of development of training courses, educational cases, invitations of speakers.
What you will find on the GISGeo portal:
You can appreciate a variety of materials. And first of all the following:
• Various books, articles, presentations, videos;
• Information on GIS-tools;
• Links to useful thematic resources;
• Industry news.
We invite everyone to participate in development of the portal. We gratefully accept all offers related to GISGeo work improvement! Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org
GISGeo Head — Andrey Pirogov (LinkedIn), since 2008 is the head of marketing department at a geospatial software company in Russia. His fields of interest are: geo-analysis, GIS education, marketing and management in geospatial industry. A nontenured lecturer at the Lomonosov Moscow State University Business School, he is the author of an optional course “Geoinformatical Aspects of Business” in the framework of the Bachelor of management program.